Thursday, May 21, 2009

What A Day!!!!

He's Here!!!!!

Our Little Caleb Cook is here (middle name is still being decided)!!!!

Hi everyone from a proud auntie Kami. Our two troopers (Shell and Caleb) had quite the day. I will let Richele give the details at a later time,,,alls I have to say being the sister and the auntie---it was AWESOME (and a little worrisome). But mostly awesome!!

After 2 1/2 hours of hard pushing little Caleb just didn't want to meet us yet, so Richele was whisked off for a C-Section. It wasn't much fun for Shell, but it was best for Caleb.

8lb 9 oz

21 inches long

He is 7 hours old as I type this and has yet to cry (literally)---we aren't sure if that's a good or bad sign for things to come--we all hope he just has his Daddy's laid-back nature.

We love you so much Shell and Caleb!!

Cole holds her new little brother!!
What a doll
What a beautiful family!!

Oh, We had so much fun!!! LOTS of laughing, joking, talking and unfortunately lots of PUSHING.
Waiting to start!!! TEXTING!

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh Richele! A C-section, I'm so sorry!!! But I'm glad it's all over! At least he's here and you sound like your doing well all things considered. Congrats! I wish I were in that hospital with you. I hope you recover quickly.

Thanks Kami for posting!

Kristi said...

What a great day! Glad I wore bright yellow to brighten up the room!! Love you baby Caleb!

Ally said...

Yay! Congrats! He is beautiful!! I bet you are excited not to be pregnant anymore...along with Becca, I hope your recovery goes well...I can't wait to watch him grow!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

congrats you guys!! We are so excited for you and cannot wait to meet little Caleb!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, pushing for 2 1/2 hours?!! You're my new hero! And it's great to have a mom and sisters close by for lots of help! He's adorable. Congratulations!!

emily said...

Horray! Congratulations! A sweet little boy! Can't wait to see him!

Julie said...

Congratultions!!!! I'm a bit jealous since I still have 8 weeks to go.
Can't wait to meet the little guy. I hope it all goes well once you get home (that's always a bit of a shock for me).

craig and jill said...

Congrats!!! Val just informed me of the great news, so I logged on hoping to see if there were any pics. He is adorable. I can't wait to see him in person. I hope all is going well and that you recover fast. I am sure you were exhausted after the pushing and then the c section. Man, your awesome! Not that you are thinking about another one already, but I can promise you the next one will come out much faster. We will hopefully see you soon. Jill

Matt and Becky said...

Congrats! I love that fuzzy red hair:) I am glad both of you are doing well. Happy belated birthday. Take care!